Zodiac Signs and Meanings
If you want to find out about the list of zodiac signs, what your zodiac sign is and what zodiac signs you are compatible with, you’ve come to the right place. Here you will find everything related to zodiac signs and astrology, compatibility of the zodiac signs and lucky days for each zodiac sign.
How Do You Know Your Zodiac Sign?
Knowing your zodiac sign is very simple: just look at the date of birth and see which one it corresponds to. So that you quickly know the zodiac sign of each interval:
Here is a list of zodiac signs in order with all the dates.
|Aries||The Ram||March 21 – April 19||Mars / Pluto||Fire||Maish||Dragon|
|Taurus||The Bull||April 20 – May 20||Venus / Earth||Land||Vrish||Snake|
|Gemini||The Twins||May 21 – June 20||Mercury||Air||Mithun||Horse|
|Cancer||The Crab||June 21 – July 22||Moon||Water||Kark||Goat|
|Leo||The Lion||July 23 – August 22||Sun||Fire||Singh||Monkey|
|Virgo||The Virgin||August 23 – September 22||Mercury||Land||Kanya||Goat|
|Libra||The Scales||September 23 – October 22||Venus||Air||Tula||Dog|
|Scorpio||The Scorpion||October 23 – November 21||Pluto / Mars||Water||Vrishchik||Pig|
|Sagittarius||The Centaur||November 22 – December 21||Jupiter||Fire||Dhanu||Rat|
|Capricorn||The Goat||December 22 – January 19||Saturn||Land||Makar||Ox|
|Aquarius||The Water Bearer||January 20 – February 18||Uranus / Saturn||Air||Kumbh||Tiger|
|Pisces||The Fish||February 19 – March 20||Neptuno / Jupiter||Water||Meen||Rabbit|
Wish To Have Your Personal Daily Horoscope? Sign Up here
How Many Zodiac Signs Are There?
There are 12 zodiac signs and respectively they have strengths and weaknesses, distinctive personalities, wishes, and attitudes concerning other individuals and life. Based on the analysis of the images of the sky, as well as on the position of the planets at the moment of birth, astrology can give us an awareness of the basic personalities of each individual, their preferences, their weaknesses, and their fears. Knowing the basic characteristics of the zodiac signs can really help us get to know people better.
Zodiac Signs Elements
Individually the 12 zodiac signs is under a particular zodiac element. The four zodiacal elements are:
Each of them represents a type of essential energy that works in each one of us. Astrology is concerned with helping us focus those energies on the positives, as well as helping us better understand our positive traits and cope with the negative.
These 4 elements are within each of us and define the four unique character types linked with astrological signs. The four elements of the zodiac show a profound influence on the basic character traits, emotions, behavior and way of thinking.
DO NOT MISS:What is Numerology
Water signs are exceptionally emotional and ultra-sensitive people. They are extremely intuitive and can be as secretive as the ocean itself. Water signs have an excellent memory and love deep conversations and intimacy. They criticize themselves openly and are always there to provide support to their loved ones.
The water signs are:
Fire signs tend to be loving, vibrant, and unpredictable. They get annoyed easily, but they also forgive without problems. They are adventurers who possess immense energy. They are very physically strong and a source of inspiration for others. People under fire signs are intelligent, self-aware, creative and idealistic, always ready for action.
The fire signs are:
The earth signs are those that “have their feet firmly on the ground” and those that help us to do the same. They are generally conservative and genuine, but they can too be very emotional. They love luxury and material goods. They are practical, loyal, stable and always there for loved ones during difficult times.
The earth signs are:
Air signs are individuals who like to talk and build relations with other individuals. They are thinkers, friendly, intellectual, communicative and analytical. They love philosophical deliberations, social get-togethers, and worthy books. They enjoy giving advice, but can be very superficial.
The air signs are:
Zodiac Signs Compatibility
Based on the characteristics of each sign and the influence that the stars exert on them, we find a series of compatibilities that form the relationship between people. Here’s what zodiac signs should date each other:
- Aries tends to get along very well with Geminis and Aquarians as they all have energy in common, leading to passionate and impulsive relationships. In terms of friendship, he has the possibility to associate himself with Leo and Sagittarius, especially for adventure activities in which to unleash his bravery. On the other hand, Cancer is not usually a good company due to its tendency towards slower and more translational behavior. Read more details about Aquarius here
- Taurus is faithful to the standard and that is why it marries Cancer and Pisces very well. Also, in love they are very sensual and romantic, so the union with the Scorpios can make sparks jump. Capricorns and Virgo are also very compatible, while the authority and pride of the Leo make them completely crash.
- Gemini is the perfect companion in passionate relationships with the Leo and Aries, while in terms of friendship its compatibility with Aquarius and Libra stands out. Of course, it is recommended to stay away from the Pisces and Virgo, with whom nothing is well suited.
- Cancer requires security and that is why Taurus and Virgo are the best suited. By sharing the water element with Pisces and Scorpio they can forge great friendships, while Aries and Libra are usually two signs to avoid due to incompatibility issues based on the character of both.
- Leo represents fire and that is why Libra is the perfect counterpoint to maintain balance and lead to a long-term and consolidated relationship. The Geminis promote their sociability and with Aries and Sagittarius, they match in their fun and optimistic character in the face of what life brings us. However, with the Taurus, there are usually confrontations and it is better not to relate too much to avoid getting involved.
- Virgo is a suspicious sign by nature, so it is recommended to join Cancer and Scorpio, which in this sense transmit security. Taurus and Capricorn are also quite compatible. In contrast, Gemini does not just get along and the discussions with them are usually recurrent.
- Libra has a special taste for Sagittarius and Leo. Fire and passion make the flame ignite and are also compatible with Gemini and Aquarius, which opens up a wide range of possibilities according to the preferences of each person. On the other hand, Cancer is not an easy sign to carry and like Capricorn, it makes things very difficult to share time in a calm and smooth way.
- Scorpio is pure passion and that is why it gets along perfectly with Virgo and Capricorn. Relations with Pisces are also recommended, as long as it is from caution and mutual respect. But an Aquarium is the last thing they need since its excessively analytical nature must cause some uncertainty.
- Sagittarius is a very adventurous sign, eager to live new and original experiences, so it is not surprising to see it compatible with Aquarius or Libra to find balance. Similarly, their friendship is very strong when they get together with Leo and Aries. The good sense and rationality of Virgos make it very difficult for them to get along.
- Capricorn tends to close in on itself and that’s why it’s hard for it to forge strong friendships or lasting love relationships. The best candidates are Pisces and Scorpio, who is able to perfectly understand. In contrast, the momentum of Aries makes its treatment very difficult, hence there is not much compatibility between signs.
- Aquarius tends towards originality and adventure so that it perfectly marries Sagittarius and Aries, two other signs with a clear vocation towards the unpredictable. They also get along pretty well with Gemini or Libra. On the other side of the coin, we find Taurus or Scorpio, who collide head-on in their way of seeing life.
- Pisces, finally, is very well with Taurus or Capricorn, since he feels the tranquillity that these inspire him. It also finds common ground with Scorpio and Cancer, especially in the field of art. Geminis are the ones they are least comfortable with, since they see life in an excessively rational way for their liking, and they must look for emotions elsewhere.
What Is the Chinese Zodiac?
Chinese astrology is based on traditional astronomy. The growth of Chinese astrology is connected to that of astronomy that thrived for the period of the Han Dynasty. The Chinese zodiac is the ancient well-known system of horoscopes in the world and comprises of 12 animals signifying a certain year respectively. According to Chinese astrology, a person’s year of birth is represented by one of these animals. The twelve animal signs or symbols of the zodiac are the rat, the ox, the tiger, the rabbit, the dragon, the snake, the horse, the sheep, the monkey, the rooster, the dog and the pig. Chinese astrology too has 5 elements of nature namely:
According to Chinese astrology, a person’s fate can be determined by the position of the planets and the positions of the Sun and Moon at the time of the person’s birth. The Chinese consider that our year of birth can define our outlook and potential and that the animals at birth are representative and signify a particular behaviour.
What’s Vedic Astrology?
Jyotisha is the old-style Hindu classification of astrology and space science, which is also referred to as Hindu or Indian astrology or, more lately, Vedic astrology. The horoscopes of Vedic astrology are divided into three main branches: Indian Astronomy, Worldly Astrology and Predictive Astrology. Indian Astrology can reveal our character, predict our future, and reveal what our most compatible signs are. One of the best tools that Vedic astrology has given us is the compatibility of horoscopes. The Nirayana is a 360-degree narrative tape, similar to the tropical zodiac is separated into 12 equal parts. Unlike western astrology that uses the moving zodiac, Vedic astrology uses the fixed zodiac. So in the Vedic zodiac system you are not the star samples that you thought you were.
What is Mayan Astrology?
Mayan astrology is based on the Mayan calendar and is one of the most visionary types of astrology. The Mayan calendar is established on the unseen energy of the cosmos and the development of creation. The Tzolkin calendar is made up of 20 signs (solar tribes) and 13 galactic numbers, creating a 260-day year calendar. The prehistoric Maya said that in order to have peace and joy in life, one had to know and align with this universal energy. Each of these 20 signs symbolises a day on a Mayan calendar, therefore allowing individuals of diverse months and years to share the same glyph. A Mayan day sign defines the person’s personality.
Why Should We Believe In Astrology?
The answer to this question is in the same realm as to why we believe in almost any superstition in life. People rely on astrology because it gives a lot of desirable things, such as information and assurances about the future, ways to resolve their difficulties and develop their relationships with their companions, family and friends.
Astrology confirms that nothing is unplanned in life and all that happens to us occurs for a specific reason. Astrology can offer us some good solutions as to why these things occur to us and it can too foresee them in advance. In this manner, astrology truly helps individuals know the world around them way better.
As practiced today, astrology can work quite well. Most persons who go to astrologers or read their horoscopes on a regular basis, feel happy and content. This however does not mean that astrologers precisely predict the future of people centred on their horoscope dates, but it does mean that taking a horoscope can really be a very satisfying experience.
The Earth is under patterns that everyone knows today as sign stars. Many people diligently follow their horoscopes and believe in the meaning of their astrological signs. This is not surprising, since astrology is very popular and everyone knows what their horoscope dates and sign are. Persons love reading their horoscope and this repeatedly leads to changes in character, behaviours and decision-making processes.
Last but not least, we believe in astrology because it is something that is about us. My horoscope is like a fingerprint of my life that was created precisely at the time I was born. That means my birth chart is as unique as my fingerprints are. Placing each planet in my horoscope can reveal a lot about my personality and my destiny.
READ FURTHER: Meaning of Seeing Triple Number
Truth About Astrology
Astrology is considered as an art and a science. Astrology is an art because interpretation is needed to unite the different aspects and to formulate an idea of the character traits of the person. However, astrology is also considered a science, as it requires an understanding of astronomy and mathematics.
Sixtus IV was the foremost Catholic pope to craft and read a horoscope, Leo X and Paul III continuously depended on the counsel of astrologers, while Julius II picked his coronation date astrologically.
Astrology was extremely essential to Adolf Hitler, the ruler of Nazi Germany. The German leader is believed to have consulted astrologers throughout World War II.
Astrocartography is a technique of location astrology that aims to classify different living things through variances in geographic position. Allegedly, by associating your birth chart with different parts of the world, you can decide the part where you will be most prosperous.
Did you enjoy this list of zodiac signs?
If you liked this article, then you will also want to click the SHARE button, and leave a COMMENT below and let’s hear your thoughts about this zodiac sign meaning.
If you want to learn more about FREE horoscope reading, go to https://numeroly.com/5ovv